"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Saturday, September 8, 2018

Summer's Almost Over


A few days ago I was watching a small stream before the sun was up.  Quietly, a spotted fawn emerged from the dense foliage and began to drink.  The fawn was too young to be concerned about danger...



On a different day, not far away, another young creature spotted me; it too, seemed more curious than alarmed...



The coyote pup continued to explore the edge of the grassy field; probably hoping to find a plump grasshopper...


I rarely have an opportunity to photograph coyotes, so I was especially thankful for this encounter...


Gradually, the coyote went on it's way...


While I was leaving the area I came upon another fawn...



Spending time with young wildlife is a precious opportunity that only lasts a short while...


Like the fleeting days of summer, each is unique and to be savored when the short, cold days of winter arrive.

Thanks for visiting, be well, and come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...