"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Saturday, November 10, 2012

Once In A Lifetime Buck

For more than fifty years I have been hunting, observing and photographing whitetail deer.  My experience has been that a buck like this one comes along only once in a lifetime.  When I first saw him I made an audible gasp and knew that he had literally taken my breath away.  What follows are some of the photos that I took of him in the last hour of daylight just two days ago.  I knew that a large buck must be responsible for the rubs that I had been seeing...


I was not prepared for how large he really was...













Thanks for visiting.  I hope you found this deer as amazing as I did.













 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful deer - you're very lucky to see one this nice, let alone get some shots of him. I *hope* to see one like him next week, but hopefully I'll be taking a different kind of shot at him.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. Personally, I prefer does for table fare and try to preserve my favorite photo subjects for additional opportunities. I can't imagine what this one will look like next year.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...