"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Thursday, May 3, 2012

Recent Sightings of Feathers and Fur

The Great Egrets are returning to local wetland areas. They are always a pleasure to see...


This one is stalking prey at Lillypons...



Whatever it came up with was too small for me to see, but the egret seems to be enjoying it...


It must of been filling because it quickly departed after eating...


This Great Blue Heron was stalking the edge of a pond looking for a meal of his own...


This morning I encounterd the same Eastern Towhee that was in my last post.  He is easy to identify by the infection in his left eye...




This afternoon I checked on the fox den but I only got a brief glimpse of a youngster for my effort...



Thanks for looking.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...