"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Monday, March 19, 2012

Bald Eagles On The Nest.....Turkeys

Despite spending several hours observing this pair of bald eagles at their nest, they just would not present me with a view not obscured by limbs.  Nor would they fly on my side of the tree line, depriving me of  any decent photos of them in flight.  I have tried to select the most interesting photos in spite of the problems mentioned. 

In this series of three photos one of the adults has returned to the nest with food for the chicks.  You can see the adult bending forward, into the nest, to feed the tiny eagles...



In this photo the adults switch roles as one returns to the nest to feed the young and the other one takes wing to hunt for more food...




As one adult seems to be keeping watch from the nest...



The other one is standing guard from a nearby tree...


As I was leaving the farm, I photographed this escapee from the "big house".  I don't think  he realized how lucky he is that he did not become eagle food...




As always, thanks for visiting.













2 comments:

  1. Hello
    That is very special to be in the nabur of the great birds. The tutkey is also beautiful.
    Greetings Bets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bets, I agree. Just seeing the bald eagles is worth the investment in time. Getting good photos is just a pleasant bonus. Thanks for your comment.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...