"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sometimes You Don't Have To Look Farther Than Your Own Neighborhood...

I started out this morning before the sun was up and did not even get out of our neighborhood when I spotted this buck standing in a neighbors yard.  I made him a few prints of the shot, I hope he likes them...



After getting out on the small two lane road I spotted this Red-tailed Hawk watching for prey in a farmers field...




This is a great time to spot raptors as they migrate to warmer climates for the winter.  I spotted this hawk in another field.  I believe it is a Northern Harrier, also known as a Marsh Hawk...





In the next field this doe and her fawn were tentative about crossing.  Notice the pie-bald marking on the fawn...



Thanks for stopping by.











No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...