"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Thursday, November 24, 2011

Fog, Rain And Sunshine...

This week started out with a lot of early morning fog, sprinkles, drizzles and downpours.  Yesterday the skies began to clear and some welcome sunshine arrived.  The first photo is from Tuesday.  Even though I spent 4 hours waiting and watching, these does bedding in the misty woods were all that I could find...


About mid-morning on Wednesday the sky lightened and the sun broke through.  I found these bucks hanging out with a doe...


This 9 point is one that I have numerous photos of, but he is so beautiful that I can't resist snapping more when he is visible...


This respectable 8 point lost last half of his antlers in a battle with another buck for breeding rights...


Here is the doe they were interested in.  She's a cutie isn't she?


I returned in the afternoon to see if anything was visible and found the same 9 point still chasing the doe.  They were in the woods when I arrived...



A short time later she crossed a field bordering the woods with the 9 point close behind.

Next to appear was this 7 point that was following her scent but being careful to keep his distance from the larger 9 point...


When he crossed the field he found a group of does loafing on the edge and checked them all out...




Later, I found this large buck following a doe in a corn field.  You do see the buck don't you?  Look through the fork in the tree and you should spot him...


He is a little easier to see in this photo...


As I was heading home I spotted  a lot of deer in a farmers field.  One was a piebald fawn so I had to turn around for a photo.  It is a very long ways off...


Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving.  Thanks for stopping by.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...