"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Saturday, June 29, 2013

Birds From Lilypons

A recent visit to Lilypons Water Gardens produced the following photos of a Great Egret taking wing at my approach...



A bumblebee was busy pollinating some of the beautiful flowers...


I found this group of Tree Swallows that appear to have roosted in some wild berry bushes the night before...

 
There was a lone Barn Swallow with the others.  The Tree Swallows seemed to accept him cordially...
 
 
Never before have I been able to approach any type of swallow so closely...
 





Before leaving I snapped a photo of this Great Blue Heron overlooking the Koi pond...


My next stop was in search of a Whitetail fawn.  Although no fawns were seen, I did get this shot of a doe...


Before heading home I spotted this yellow wild flower.  It is probably the blossom of an undesirable weed but the colorful bloom caught my eye...


As always, thanks for visiting, come back soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...