"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Sunday, June 10, 2012

Deer of Spring Part II

Yesterday I said that I would return this morning to the field where I had photograped a doe and her fawns for the past two days.  I was relieved to see that both of her little ones were with her today...




After crossing the field they hurried into the shade to bed down...



I then moved to another location where I had photographed deer yesterday morning.  These photos of one doe should clearly demonstrate how much the flies torment them...




The constantly twitching ears and tail, and the shaking head, are attempts to rid herself of these biting annoyances...







As always, thanks for visiting.
















 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Steve
    That are great pictures from that lovely animal.
    Greetings Bets

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has the most beautiful eyes...well captured by your photos, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...