"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Monday, January 30, 2012

Recent Sightings...

This tiny Brown Creeper scurried quickly around the trunk of a tree.  I felt fortunate to get at least one photo of it...


A little later I encountered this Slate Colored Junco in a roadside fence...


I have photograped this deer many times but I can't resist when they cooperate so well...


There were hundreds of migrating Canada Geese at the Lilipons Water Gardens...



I saw a group of Wild Turkeys on a recent foggy morning.  You do see them don't you?


Here they are with my lens zoomed out to 400 mm...


In this photo they have moved to a more open area and it is apparent that they are mostly young gobblers trying to establish who is the "boss"...


I found these interesting holes in a local stream bank.  I believe they were made by Belted Kingfishers and I will be watching them closely to see if I am correct...


This dog was in a large field often occupied by deer and turkeys.  I don't know if he is a feral dog or if he belongs on the land...


On my way home I encountered this furniture, left alongside a public road by an inconsiderate person who was too lazy, or too cheap, to haul it to the landfill for proper disposal...



Thanks for visiting.  Please stop back soon.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...