"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Friday, July 8, 2011

Raccoon, Deer, Green Heron and Cottontail Rabbit Photos...

Today provided a number of diverse species to view and photograph.  First I observed this raccoon while making my usual rounds…


Then, I went in search of the green heron that I saw yesterday.  Imagine my surprise when two fawns stood up on the opposite side of the pond.  While they did not hang around long I was able to get this photo…


Shortly after the fawns left the green heron arrived and allowed me several minutes to photograph it in a flatter light with much less contrast than yesterday…







This doe was photographed earlier and you can see the flies about its head and legs that must be a torment for the poor creature…



The next doe came out into a newly planted corn field where I was watching for a coyote that I had seen earlier…

You can see why farmers don’t want them in their fields.  Imagine 20 or more eating the young corn…

I know I have posted a number of rabbit pictures lately but this little one was just so cute I couldn’t resist…


 

That’s it for today.  As always, thanks for looking...













No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...