"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Sunday, June 9, 2024

What's In YOUR Backyard?

 Greetings, and thank you for visiting my blog. I have been negligent about up-dating it lately. I will try to do better in the future.

Like many folks, I am curious about the wildlife that visits our yard at night, and sometimes during the day. I started remotely photographing our visitors with two trail cameras about six years ago...

I increased the number of cameras over the years, always buying the least expensive trail cameras available. I thought I would share some of the results.

Because we maintain bird feeders we get a lot of squirrels...



This grey squirrel does not want a blue jay intruding on it's territory...


I have discovered a number of unknown cats passing through, both day and night...






We regularly are visited by skunks...

and racoons...

sometimes they are together...

We have deer visiting frequently...




 

During the mating season bucks become more common...


This one created a scrape





There was a piebald in the yard once...


More than one groundhog lives here...





We have nightly visits from a red fox...


Perhaps looking for a rabbit dinner...






We enjoy the wild turkeys when they come around...




In the next photo a gobbler strolls down the path...



But the hen ignores him
...


So he retraces his route following the hen...


Our most exotic visitors are the coyotes...











I almost forgot the mink...


We live in a sub-division about equal distance from Baltimore, Maryland and Washington D.C. Who knows what might be in your yard?

Thank for visiting, be well, and come back soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...