"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Saturday, August 22, 2015

Jackson Hole Landscapes

A long time ago, when I was just beginning my career in photography, someone once told me to "never exhibit or publish a photograph that you needed to apologize for".  I'm not sure why that advice has stayed with me all these years, but I am going to ignore it for this post.  I am not a "landscape" photographer so I must apologize in advance for the following photos.  The indescribable beauty of the Jackson Hole area is worthy of the efforts of someone much more skilled than I.

The first photo in this post was taken near the small town of Kelly one evening, just after a rain shower had passed through the area.  I waited for the bison to walk under the rainbow...


Jackson Hole is famous for the Teton Mountain Range that runs along the western side of the valley.  It is almost impossible for one to ignore the majesty and beauty of these mountains...




As one gets closer to the mountain range the beautiful meadows filled with colorful wildflowers compete with the mountain peaks for one's attention...




The Snake River figures prominently, running the length of Jackson Hole and offering recreational and photographic opportunities at every turn...






This post is growing long.  I will continue sharing landscape photos of Jackson Hole in my next blog update. 

As always, be well and thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...