"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Not Up To The Job

While watching a group of deer on a recent frosty morning this doe, that must have been almost ready to breed, entered the field.  A button buck immediately jumped up and began chasing her...


I don't think the button buck realized that another, much larger, buck already was pursuing the doe...


The big seven point came rushing from the bushes...



I last saw them as the big buck was quickly gaining on the button buck and doe as they raced out of sight...


Another interesting morning observing deer behavior.



3 comments:

  1. j'adore tes photos!!!
    Very nice post! Thanks & Welcome for your comment and next visit to my blog.
    Have a nice day!
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Always interesting when you see wild animal. Couple of years ago I Went to the same field and met my mooses.
    I could take a lot of Pictures. many special ones too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cath & Lindsjo,
    Thanks for your comments. It would be wonderful to have moose near by to photograph. Perhaps another trip to Yellowstone soon? If you use the search function in my blog you can find moose photos from a few years ago.
    Regards-Steve

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...