"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Taking Exposure Compensation In The Other Direction...

Since I dealt with adding exposure compensation in yesterdays post I thought it was only fair to do one about under exposure.  I promise to keep this short and to the point...

This photo was taken without any compensation...



In this one I dialed in -0.3 compensation...



This one was taken at -0.7 compensation...



Here is -1.0...



And finally -2.0...



Which do you prefer?  Because I think that Nikon DSLRs tend to overexpose I usually keep -0.3 exposure compensation set as my "standard" exposure.

Lastly, here is a link to a site that explains EV Compensation much better than I can.  I hope you find the information useful and that it enhances your photography endeavors...

http://www.digital-photography-school.com/ev-compensation-explained

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...