Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2026

Late July Birds, Fawns and Blooms

 Many of our roads are bordered by Daylilies with their tall orange flowers...


As the light changes when the sun gets hidden by clouds the blooms reveal themselves...




Early morning, sometimes before the sun has risen, has been a good time to sight does and their fawns...




Moving water is like a magnet for thirsty deer and birds...


I recently came across a doe with three fawns...



I usually see young does with single fawns...


 When they are a little older they often have two. Three is not rare, but is uncommon enough for me to take notice...


A Grackle came to water...


I watched as it sorted the grass from the earth worms...




Belted Kingfishers begin their day early...


Red-eyed Vireos are abundant this time of year...




The brilliant Northern Cardinal is another early riser...




The Common Yellow-throated Warbler is such a small bird that they can easily be over looked...





This Wild Turkey hen surprised us both when she popped out in front of me...



Thanks for visiting, be well and come back soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...