"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Friday, July 20, 2018

Canada, Oh Canada!


It is hard for me to imagine a place more beautiful than the Canadian Rocky Mountains.  I hope that the following images, all captured by Cheryl, will make you feel the same.

Seen, above and below, are scenes from Mount Robson located in British Columbia...







There is a milky look to many of the waterways that is called "Rock Flour"...



The next images are from Banff National Park located in Alberta; Canada's first national park...







The main reason that I seldom take landscape images is that I feel inadequate to capture the vastness and beauty of such places.  In viewing these scenes I can imagine still, the fragrance of thousands of pine trees and the sound of water flowing over spectacular falls...











When travelling from Banff to Jasper National Park the route crosses the "Columbia Ice Field" which contains large and imposing glaciers...



Because of it's shape, this one is known as "Crow's Foot Glacier"...


Jasper National Park is less crowded, but just as beautiful as Banff.  The towns associated with each park reflect the character of their respective namesakes...




In my next blog post I will share some of the wildlife photos that I was able to obtain on our visit to Canada.

Thanks for visiting, be well, and come back soon.

2 comments:

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...