"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Muskrat House and Sunrise

I found a muskrat  house while out poking about a few days ago.  It looked very promising...


Several mornings of watching for muskrats did not produce a single image.  I saw the critters, but they never left the water while I was watching.  When this happens it is good to have a "Plan B". 

I noticed a pond nearby on other visits, so I went to see if the sunrise would provide any worthwhile opportunities.  Here is what I was able to obtain that frosty morning...


The next photo zooms in on the critical elements of the scene, the texture of the ice, the color of the sky, and the reflection of the trees...


A few hours later it was still a charming scene, but the absence of the sunrise colors gave it a totally different character...

 
 
Sunrise through small trees always intrigues me for some reason.  Perhaps it is the speculation about what the dawning day might bring...
 

Whatever the day may or may not hold in store, sitting beside a body of water and "reflecting" never seems like a waste of time to me...




Stay well and come back soon.

1 comment:

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...