"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Bever, A Buck, Some Ducks, and a Big Surprise...

Even though the beaver kits did not make an appearance today, it was a wonderful morning for wildlife watching. One of the adults made several trips gathering limbs to add to the lodge…








While waiting for beaver activity a family of Mallards passed by…



Followed shortly by a Wood Duck family…


I was visited by this young buck. He alternated feeding on one side of the road and then the other…



I went to my usual turn-around spot and saw this Eastern Pewee; at least that’s what I think it is…


The big surprise of the morning came as I was passing a hay field and spotted this Coyote…



It is hard to describe my excitement upon seeing this elusive carnivore during the day and having enough light to snap a few photos…



Now my dilemma will be whether to watch for the beaver kits or the coyote. Actually, not a bad problem to have.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...