"A Sand County Almanac"

"THERE ARE SOME WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT WILD THINGS AND SOME WHO CANNOT."
"FOR US IN THE MINORITY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE GEESE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN TELEVISION.".....Aldo Leopold




"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE, AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING BETTER".....Albert Einstein


“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves”.....John Muir


Saturday, July 17, 2010

Swimming Lesson for the Little Ones...

On June 20, I was driving through the Hayden Valley in Yellowstone National Park (YNP) on the lookout for photography opportunities. Near the Southern end of the valley I encountered a huge traffic jam. This often means something interesting is in view. In this case it was a mother Grizzly Bear and her three cubs. While I watched, she coaxed them down to the Yellowstone River and gave them a swimming lesson. I hope that you enjoy the photos…







The next day this same family group crossed the road just in front of our car and created yet another "bear jam"...



Time to stop for a snack and a nap...





If these photos look familiar to you, it might be because you were there, at the bear jams, when they were taken. I handed out cards to several people who said they would like to see the photos when I put them on this site.  If you were one of them I would like to hear from you. Thanks



Click on "Older Posts" below to see more of Natural World Through My Camera.



1 comment:

  1. If these photos look familiar to you, it might be because you were there, at the bear jams, when they were taken. I handed out cards to several people who said they would like to see the photos that I was getting. If you were one of them I would like to hear from you. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely enjoy comments from my visitors. I must ask that those wishing to comment understand that moderation has become necessary due to the nature of some comments left in the past...